Supporting the Community that Powers the Industry
We have a dedicated a community outreach professional for the Paturel HR Department. This position is specific to employee housing, meals and fair work conditions.
We are working to benefit the Atlantic Canada lobster community in the following ways:
- The first objective is to provide increased and consistent pricing to the annual procurement process, affecting an estimated 10,000 lobster fishermen.
- The second objective is to maintain and increase employment rates with fair industry wages and benefits.
- Increase the value of Homarus americanus through specific and thorough buyer training.
- Solidify the formation of strategic business alliances to stabilize and forecast annualized procurement.
- Plan focused promotional activity with key partners around live, frozen and value added Homarus americanus.
- Expanded export sales and increased value to our seafood industry.
- Increase good job opportunities to community residents in rural communities.
Additionally, we are working on new initiatives like Lobster Academy and Value Added which we anticipate will create new jobs.